[rt-users] Trying to get RT4.2.2 to use mysql and not sqllite3

john boris jborissr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 15:38:40 EST 2014

Kevin,
\I finally got things moving today. I had tried to do the install from the
repositories which failed and thought I removed it when I tried to install
from the source. So I went in and did a full removal of request-tracker4
through apt-get purge --ato-remove request-tracker4. I then retraced my
steps in the install from source and after a failed install I found that
the database had been installed somehow but not correct so I did a make
dropdb and initialized the database. I got the opening page but no graphics
so I figured there was something wrong. So I did some more reading of the
errors and saw I did not configure the RT_SiteConfig.pm correctly. I fixed
that (commented out the WebPath variable) and got it up and running.

Thanks for all of the help. I ow just have to start building my queues but
this time with less queues than my old install.

The next hurdle will be getting rt-mailgate operating.

--
John J. Boris, Sr.
Online Services