[rt-users] rt-serializer and rt-importer

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 21 11:24:54 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 10:43:02AM -0800, Tim Gustafson wrote:
> 1. I see some options in rt-serializer to skip users and groups.  Does
> this mean that any users who are attached to tickets, either as a
> requester, owner, CC or whatever won't be imported during rt-importer?

The docs cover this pretty well:
http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/rt-serializer.html#no-users

Also available from running rt-serializer --help

> 2. I see an option in rt-importer to save the old ticket organization
> and ID into a custom field.  Will this field be used to look up new
> e-mails that come in to the system via SMTP?  Or if someone replies to
> an existing ticket e-mail they've received from the original RT
> system, will that create a new ticket in the new system which will
> have to be manually merged with the old ticket?

We don't ship any code to implement that, however several clients who
used the importer have written code to do just that.  It should be
straightforward to write given RT::Interface::Email::ExtractTicketId
as a hook point.

-kevin