[rt-users] taking 55 plus seconds to return from responding to tickets

Lois Bennett lois.bennett at channing.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 31 16:27:47 EST 2014

I am really stuck on this.  I suspect as always it will be something quite
simple but I can find the solution.  In December I upgraded from 2.8.9 to
4.2.2 on a new VMware Centos 6 server.

It has been running fine.  Monday a colleague shutdown and cloned the RT
server  in order to give it a new name in the virtual center server.

The only change that was made to the server  I believe was the ether net
address changed. I had to start httpd and sendmail manually because they
had not been set to auto start.  I did that with the  chkconfig  command
for sendmail and for httpd.  Everything seemed to come up fine but.....

We are experiencing a problematic slow down. Creating tickets and
responding to tickets and closing tickets takes over a minute every time.
You can't use a different window for RT in the same browser but you can
access if you use a different browser. The behavior is correct in the end
for all the tickets seem to be created and sent properly.

By using the command line to create a ticket I have tracked it down to a
single call using the Devel::NYTProfmodule.

perl -d:NYTProf rt create -t ticket set subject="Testing" queue=19
owner=salbb

I find that it is spending 55.4 seconds on one call.

# spent 55.4s within Net::HTTP::Methods::CORE:sselect which was called 4
times, avg 13.8s/call: # 4 times (55.4s+0s) by Net::HTTP::Methods::can_read
at line 298, avg 13.8s/call
sub Net::HTTP::Methods::CORE:sselect; # opcode

I have it set to debug but I don't understand the logs enough to find a fix.

Can anyone help?

Lois Bennett, MSEE
Senior System Administrator
Channing  Division of Network Medicine, Brigham & Women's Hospital
*A Teaching Affiliate of Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of
Public Health*