[rt-users] How can you use requestor info in custom field

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Fri Jul 18 09:09:59 EDT 2014

You can do this with a scrip which fires on ticket creation, accesses the
user's relevant location information, then puts it in the ticket's custom
field.

The location information of the user creating the ticket can be accessed in
scrip code via:

$self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->Organization
$self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->Address1
$self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->Address2
$self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->City
$self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->State
$self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->Zip
$self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->Country

A ticket's custom field can be modified in scrip code via:

$self->TicketObj->AddCustomFieldValue( Field => 'location', Value => '...'
);