[rt-users] using RT to run complex queries

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 24 11:25:46 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 11:14:52AM -0400, Boris Epstein wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your reply. This makes sense - but the question is, can I
> build such a query? Is it possible? I know these are likely dumb questions but
> the documentation I found on the Query builder is rather sparse and for that
> reason I just don't know how to do that - or even if it can be done.

You can build such a query, you'll likely have to use the Advanced tab
to write Requestor.City, but a query to select all tickets, even
the resolved ones, is totally buildable just by clicking on the
buttons in the query builder.

Try building the queries and posting when you have errors.  It's a lot
easier to help someone who's been trying to sort our a query instead
of answering hypotheticals.

-kevin