[rt-users] Ran update, custom fields cause issues.

Robert Shaker rshaker at ARDENCOMPANIES.COM
Fri Jun 27 13:37:03 EDT 2014

Hello mailing list,

On my initial setup of RT (4.2.0) I created 2 custom fields, one for adding tags to tickets (utilizing the addon RTx::Tags, slightly edited to be compatible with RT 4.X), and the other called "issue category", used to add extra categorization to ticket transactions (issue category is a standard "Select one value" field and does not use any addons).

When I updated the server the other day (from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5) I also ran the command "cpan-outdated -p | cpanm " to update my perl modules to the latest version. Something I have done has broken the use of custom fields. Whenever anyone attempts to fill one of the two fields in, the message "an internal rt error has occurred" is displayed and the following appears in the logs:

[27698] [Thu Jun 26 15:27:49 2014] [error]: RT::CustomField::_CanonicalizeValue Unimplemented in HTML::Mason::Commands. (/opt/rt4/share/html/Elements/ValidateCustomFields line 99)

Stack:
  [/usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Record.pm:494]
  [/opt/rt4/share/html/Elements/ValidateCustomFields:99]
  [/opt/rt4/share/html/Ticket/Update.html:265]
  [/opt/rt4/share/html/Ticket/autohandler:66]
  [/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:682]
  [/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:370]
  [/opt/rt4/share/html/autohandler:53] (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm:210)

If anyone could help me with figuring out the issue here it would be greatly appreciated, as I am completely stumped. My solution so far has been to completely disable custom fields.

Bob Shaker | Co-op IT analyst
Arden Companies | Bombay Outdoors
30400 Telegraph Rd, Suite 200, Bingham Farms, MI 48025
(810) 252-8468
ArdenCompanies<http://www.ardencompanies.com/>.com   BombayOutdoors.com <http://bombayoutdoors.com/>

ARDEN
A Global Company
Celebrating over 50 years of making your life more comfortable!

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.

This OUTBOUND E-mail and Document(s) has been scanned by an Antivirus Server.