[rt-users] Ran update, custom fields cause issues.

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Jun 27 17:59:26 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 04:50:30PM -0400, Robert Shaker wrote:
> The issue appears every time someone puts data in a custom field,
> whether the field is provided by RTx::Tags or not. I will submit the
> patch to the author post-haste. Either way, the patch only edits the
> quicksearch functionality, as the actual custom field functionality
> still works fine with the vanilla plugin.

There are several other 3.8isms in that module, and it completely
clobbers Autocomplete CFs, so hopefully you're not using that.

> I just tested removing the Tags extension from the RT_Siteconfig and clearing the mason cache, so it is likely not related to the addon.

That's good to know, however, did you restart apache after clearing
the mason cache?  Without that, it's not a clean restart.

> If it is any help, I am running Ubuntu 12.04 on Apache2 using MYSQL.

None of this should be relevant.

> I also just tried running cpan -l | grep -i "html::mason::commands"
> and it appears I do not have the module installed. Is this an RT
> dependency? Running make testdeps returns "ALL dependencies have
> been found".

HTML::Mason::Commands is part of HTML::Mason (it's an internal package
that components run in).  You're seeing that error because one of your
custom fields is not being loaded properly before Validate is called
on it.  I can't replicate your failure with a simple select one value
transaction CF with two values applied to a queue and no validation
chosen.

What other local mods or differences in CF configuration do you have?

-kevin