[rt-users] Requestor Dashboard

Chris Ditri Cditri at experi-metal.com
Tue Mar 18 12:02:14 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm new to RT.  I have it installed on a Debian Squeeze system, and it seems to be working (I'm using 4.0.2 which is stable in Squeeze).

I have my RT setup to authenticate against AD.  My plan is that all technicians will have local accounts in RT, and all the end-users will fall-back to AD.  External Authentication seems to be working, so I think I'm well on my way in this regard.

What I'm trying to do is set up a very simple interface for our end-users.  When they log in, I want them to be presented with a dashboard that has a two frames:  one the lets them open a ticket (which QuickCreate does), and one that shows them a list of tickets for which they were/are the requestor (so they can follow the progress of their open issues).

The latter is what is causing me difficulty.  I'm looking for functionality similar to "My Tickets", except I want to search on requestor, not on owner.

I have been googling this for some time now (3 days), and I'm not finding any answers.  I think this is because there is so much out-dated information out there.

Can someone please point me in the right direction here?

Thank you.

-Chris

Christopher Ditri
Manager, Information Systems
Experi-Metal Inc.
6385 Wall Street
Sterling Heights, MI 48312
Phone: (586) 977-7800
Fax: (586) 977-6981
www.experi-metal.com<http://www.experi-metal.com/>

[cid:image002.png at 01CF42A1.E6E726B0]<http://www.experi-metal.com/>

Connnect with Us!  [cid:image003.png at 01CF429F.AD50F130] <http://www.twitter.com/experimetalinc>   [cid:image004.png at 01CF429F.AD50F130] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Experi-Metal-INC/150560074972339?v=app_4949752878#!/pages/Experi-Metal-INC/150560074972339?v=wall>   [cid:image005.png at 01CF429F.AD50F130] <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/73915>

DISCLAIMER: This message, including all attachments and/or linked documents, is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain privileged, proprietary and confidential information. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited without permission from the author. This notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement. If this message has been received in error, please destroy the original message and all copies without reading it and notify Experi-Metal Inc. immediately via telephone at (586) 977-7800.

WARNING: This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22 U.S.C. 2751, et seq.) International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Disclosure of any technical data to foreign persons without prior U.S. Government authorization is strictly prohibited. Violations of these laws and regulations are subject to severe criminal penalties.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.