[rt-users] Clickable custom field in User Summary display page

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed May 7 10:56:09 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 05:24:28PM +0000, Lieven Bridts wrote:

> I made a "Global Custom Field for all users" and gave it the name 'Functie' (Sorry, for the Dutch words now and then)
> Type: Enter one value
> Applies to : Users
> Validation : <none>
> Link values to: http://<ourserver>/gebrbeh/showfie.php?fie=__CustomField__
> Include page : <none>
> Active
>

> Set($UserSummaryExtraInfo, "RealName, EmailAddress, Name, Organization, WorkPhone, MobilePhone, 'CF.Functie'");
>
> On the "basics" page of the user I can see the custom field 'Functie' as expected and I can enter a value, e.g. "Manager"
> On the "User Summary" page of the user, I can see the custom field as
> well, I can read the value ("Manager"), but in the "User Information"-
> box nothing is clickable. (It would be nice if the email address would
> be a clickable address too)
>
> Can I give you some more information to help me out here?

So - the problem is that the code we use on the User Summary page is
the same code used when listing Tickets in search results.  If you
created a Functie 2, applied it to tickets, gave one ticket a value,
searched for some tickets and made the results show Functie 2 you'd
see that it has the same problem (no link).

The code that displays the Ticket Display page (where this link would
work) is not shared with the code that displays "formatted" results.

Please file a ticket about this, but it's unfortunately not totally
trivial to do since we'd like to avoid copying code if possible.

-kevin