[rt-users] Unable to paste into Rich Text Editor since upgrading to RT 4.2.4

Jan Kurianski jan.kurianski at numbers.net.au
Fri May 16 18:57:57 EDT 2014

Since upgrading to RT 4.2.4, users are unable to paste into the rich text editor.  Only bothered to reproduce this with Google Chrome on a Mac, as the error indicates that the problem is browser-wide.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Ensure your configuration has the Rich Text Editor enabled.
2. Reply to any ticket (or compose a new ticket).
3. Click on the text editor to give it focus.
4. Paste, using keyboard shortcut.

What happens:
Nothing.

What is expected:
Text from the clipboard appears in the editor.

Chrome shows the following errors in the console (where https://redacted/rt is the root of my RT site):
   GET https://redacted/rt/Ticket/plugins/pastefromword/filter/default.js?t=D08E 404 (Not Found) squished-884af658b44cdd5c585766ea0a0518ba.js:3325
   Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function squished-884af658b44cdd5c585766ea0a0518ba.js:4040

The dynamic GET originates from this file (when un-squished):

/opt/rt4/share/static/RichText/ckeditor.js

CKEDITOR.getUrl(a.config.pasteFromWordCleanupFile||d+"filter/default.js")

A hacky patch that solves the problem for me:

/opt/rt4/share/static/RichText/config.js
47a48,50

> // Since ckeditor is always used from an /rt/Controller, use '../' to get back to the RT root directory.
> config.pasteFromWordCleanupFile = '../static/RichText/plugins/pastefromword/filter/default.js';

Cheers,
Jan