[rt-users] Rich text editor disabled after update to 4.2.4

Robert Shaker rshaker at ARDENCOMPANIES.COM
Tue May 20 14:00:30 EDT 2014

Also, the chrome console reveals this, which I did not notice before.

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'MessageBoxRichTextHeight' of undefined squished-884af658b44cdd5c585766ea0a0518ba.js:2403

From: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Robert Shaker
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:51 PM
To: rt-users at bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Rich text editor disabled after update to 4.2.4

Hello mailing list,

I have updated my RT installation to 4.2.4 just this Friday, and now we have noticed that the rich text editor seems to no longer be working. When I reply to a ticket it shows the quoted text like before, but now it is a garbled mess of HTML as it is not translating properly. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thank you,

Bob Shaker | Co-op IT analyst
Arden Companies | Bombay Outdoors
30400 Telegraph Rd, Suite 200, Bingham Farms, MI 48025
ArdenCompanies<http://www.ardencompanies.com/>.com   BombayOutdoors.com <http://bombayoutdoors.com/>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF7433.DC5D4D50]

ARDEN
A Global Company
Celebrating over 50 years of making your life more comfortable!

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.

This OUTBOUND E-mail and Document(s) has been scanned by an Antivirus Server.