[rt-users] Best way to configure "non-technical Manager" in RT 4 who needs to check RT (but not create) saved searches?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 9 12:27:40 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 01:37:48PM -0700, Duncan Napier wrote:

> - SelfService access by default
> - But can run search URLs "http://my.company.com/Search/Results.html?Format= ..."
>
> In other words, forcing privileged users to have a SelfService home page, while still granting the privilege to run searches through hyperlinks or their browser URL Bar. Or is this better managed through Dashboards?
>
> I see older version of RT (v 3) that have extensions like
>
> AutoRedirectToSelfService
> BasicVsAdvancedInterface

The first of these just seems like a poor implementation of the
Unprivileged flag check.  The latter lets users "prefer" selfservice,
but if it was written against 3.6, I doubt it would work.

> that seem to either force users to SelfServe or give them a choice but I'm not sure how well or if they will work on RT4.

I would test modifying the SelfService restrictions to allow access to
dashboards

http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/RT_Config.html#SelfServiceRegex

You're likely to need other relaxations to allow charting results
through.

Or, just email the dashboards to your managers with a subscription.

-kevin