[rt-users] Transfer Tickets Between Instances

Jeffrey Pilant jeffrey.pilant at bayer.com
Thu Dec 10 12:05:19 EST 2015

Matt Brennan writes:
>  We currently run RT for a number of internal teams (Helpdesk, NetOps,
>System Ops, Marketing Ops, Sales Ops). Our customer support team wants to
>migrate off of Zendesk to RT, however they want their own independent
>instance (because they want to be root on it).
>
>  One requirement, however, is that we can transfer tickets between queues
>that are on separate instances. I don't see any way to do this, however it
>seems it may be possible through the API.
>
>  Has anyone seen anything like this done before?

You have a fundamental problem doing this.
Each instance has its own sequence of ticket numbers.
What happens when the ticket you want to transfer has an already used number?

If they want to share the system, give them a Queue (or three) and ownership of those queues.
Then you can transfer tickets to your heart's content.

Or let them their own system, but without interplay to your system.

Any other solution must address duplicate ticket numbers.

/jeff
The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or
legally privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not
constitute a waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in
error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward,
or disclose any part of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail
and all copies and notify the sender.  Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com