[rt-users] strange things with multi-value custom field in CLI

Eierschmalz, Bernhard Bernhard.Eierschmalz at scheppach.com
Mon Feb 2 01:47:50 EST 2015

Hello,

I have one custom field with type "enter multiple values"

I tried to create a ticket in CLI and directly enter multiple values into my CF with this command:
                rt create -t ticket set subject="test" queue="test" CF-42="value1,value2"
after this, my CF had one value "value1,value2"

strange thing is, when I try to edit the CF with this command
                rt edit ticket/<ticketnumber> set CF-42="value1,value2" status="new"

(so exactly the same syntax at CF-42="value1,value2")
I have 2 values, "value1" and "value2"

Can someone explain me, why it is happening like this?
Is there any way directly to create a ticket with multi-value-CF ?

Best regards
Bernhard