[rt-users] problem in RT

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Thu Jan 15 05:51:18 EST 2015

What are you changing the permissions from?  What is the file's owning
user/group?

It sounds like something is repeatedly changing the permissions on this
file.  To my knowledge, RT doesn't do that.  Is someone else logging in and
doing it?  Do you have some sort of cron job or automated system
configuration toolkit running on the system (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef,
Salt)?

What user does RT run as?  If you change ownership of this file to that
user,  you should  find that you don't need to keep resetting the
permissions to something overly generous.

Still, it would be good to understand what's actually repeatedly touching
your config file— especially if it's something automated, because that
would need correcting.