[rt-users] Set custom fields based on attachment name

Ryan Stone RStone at athene.com
Tue Jul 28 13:26:53 EDT 2015

I am currently working with an RTIR instance and have been trying to auto-populate as many custom fields as possible from emails that come into our main incidents queue.  While this has proven to be straight forward regex if the text I want in the custom field is included in the original email, I am not sure on how to go about checking the name of an attachment and if it matches a specific name, a custom field will be set to a specific value.

Example:

Email arrives with attachment named 'MalwareReport.pdf'.  Based on the exact name of 'MalwareReport.pdf', a custom field for 'Classification' would be set to 'Malware'.  The name of the attachment would always be static along with the value of the custom field.

While it would be nice to have this set On Create, I have found that On Owner Change works almost as well since our on-call person will be taking tickets as they come in.  Unfortunately, this particular email with this attachment is sent randomly by humans so I have not been able to count on anything consistent in the body of the email except for the name of the attachment.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan
Electronic communication sent through the internet is not secure and its delivery is not guaranteed. This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. All annuity and life insurance products and services are offered solely through Athene Annuity & Life Assurance Company and its subsidiaries, including Athene Annuity and Life Company, in all states except New York, and in New York through Athene Annuity & Life Assurance Company of New York and Athene Life Insurance Company of New York. All investment advisory services are rendered solely through Athene Asset Management, L.P. None of the information contained herein should be construed as an offer or sale of any security, product, or service of Athene Asset Management, L.P. Past performance is not indicative of future success.