[rt-users] Creating Tickets in RT with a redirected email

Jeffrey Pilant jeffrey.pilant at bayer.com
Thu Jul 30 17:46:56 EDT 2015

On 29-7-2015 1:12, Joop writes:

>On 29-7-2015 1:12, Jeff Smith wrote:

>> Thanks for your insight.

>> I've looked at the headers from one of the messages and I cannot find

>> anything related to bulk preference (literally, a string search cannot

>> find "bulk" anywhere in the headers), but I do have a line

>> "RT-Squelch-Replies-To" which is populated with the sender's address.

>> I've so far been unable to find anywhere I can disable this.

>> Further suggestions?

>Searching through the source of rt-4.2.5 I had lying around I came

>across RedistributeAutoGeneratedMessages. What is this config parameter

>set to in RT_Config.pm and more importantly RT_SiteConfig.pm?

>Its indicating that it shouldn't redistribute messages to unprivilged users.

>What might be helpful too is headers captured at the Exchange level and

>again at the RT level. Maybe somebody will spot the problem.

The text "RT-Squelch-Replies-To" occurs in:
    lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm (sub RemoveInappropriateRecipients)
    lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm (sub _HandleMachineGeneratedMail)
I don't know which is preventing the mail you want, but one of these files is the one you want to patch.

/jeff

PS: the Email.pm file has a documentation error fir the _HandleMachineGeneratedMail sub:
    Returns a triple of (....
Should be:
    Returns a quad of (....
Since there are 4 values.

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or
legally privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not
constitute a waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in
error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward,
or disclose any part of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail
and all copies and notify the sender.  Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com