[rt-users] Notification sent to requestor even when squelched

Marcos Orallo m_orallo at yahoo.es
Mon Jun 22 15:15:30 EDT 2015

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the suggestion. However, in this case, it was a Reply with
One-Time-CCs, so I guess a Comment is not the best option. Moreover, we
don't have control of the mail domain, and you wouldn't believe the
bureaucracy and delay to get a mail alias for comments.

It's true that our use of the system is not always adapted to the platform,
my colleagues want the WebUI to be basically a mail client on steroids.
They want all external recipients to be explicit, either when sending a
mail from their client, or in the webUI message composing screen.

Even if I understand the design of RT, I think a few features would make it
come close to what users are most accustomed to in a mail client, and make
it more flexible:

- Correspondance subject independent from the ticket title. Copied from the
transaction that you are replying to.
- Default recipients selected based on the sender of the transaction you
are replying to, even if they are not the Requestors (with the full list of
Requestors available for checking if desired).
- One-Time-To. There is an extension for this, but I couldn't make it work
properly with RT 4.2.
- Preserved To, CC in mail notifications, by setting them to a different
value independent from the SMTP envelope.
- Show full list of recipients for transactions in History
- Collapsible individual transactions in History.

Anyway, I should maybe wait for Christmas... :-)

Kind regards,
Marcos.