[rt-users] Change RT email address

Jaime Kikpole jkikpole at cairodurham.org
Mon May 18 07:04:46 EDT 2015

There is a regular expression in RT_Config.pm.  Look for it, read the directions, and then make any needed adjustments in RT_SiteConfig.pm (not RT_Config.pm.)  Make sure that it matches the new email address and the old one.  It's important that it handle both, so that you can account for both existing and new tickets.

Also, make sure that the old address forwards messages to the new one.  Otherwise, when end users reply to an old ticket via email, it won't get processed properly.

I've done this twice since I started using RT back in 2001.  RT can definitely handle it if you have a decent email server that can handle forwarding, etc.

Jaime
--
This electronic message and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or
legally privileged information protected by law from further disclosure and