[rt-users] Custom Field Search??

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Apr 12 14:59:17 EDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Jesse Maseto
<jesse at bywatersolutions.com> wrote:
> Hello Matt,
>
> Sorry I should have added more content of what I was actually doing.
>
> So I wanted to create a custom field that applies to a users group that
> their a member of.

Are you trying to duplicate data that is already in RT, then?

Group membership is already stored in the database.

 Once I’ve created this custom field I would like to be
> able to search for this. Here is a screen shot of where I’m adding this
> field.

Sure.

> I know that if I created this custom field and set to to apply for tickets,
> I’m able to search using the standard RT search but can’t find a way to
> search the groups.

Generally if you want to see what is in a group, you'd go to the Group
and click the Members link.

If you want to see what groups a user is in, you'd go to that user and
click memberships.

-m