[rt-users] Accessibility of RT for screen reader users?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Thu Aug 25 17:16:38 EDT 2016

Thanks, shortcuts always help. :) Just to be clear, the h key isn't a
website-specific shortcut, it's built into NVDA and Jaws. Web authors need
do nothing more than use h tags, and screen readers will be able to jump to
those headings. CSS styling isn't enough to tell the screen reader that a
given span or div is supposed to be a heading. However, RT doesn't need to
add heading jumping commands to make the navigation work, it just needs to
add h tags where, visually, they should be anyway.

ahall at autodist.com