[rt-users] rt-server.fcgi hangs

Bill Cole rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon Feb 1 17:38:11 EST 2016

On 1 Feb 2016, at 15:53, Joseph Mays wrote:

> Here’s what I get in the logs when try to pull an info.php from the
> website....

Why would you think that is a reasonable thing to do?  I would hope that
would NOT work on any normal RT installation.

The possible reasons for RT not working are many. Maybe the database
connection is bad, maybe the permissions on rt-server.fcgi or your RT
tree are wrong, etc. Helpful steps would be:

1. Set the Apache LogLevel to "info" so that you catch output (i.e.
errors) Apache *MAY* be getting back from rt-server.fcgi that isn't
parseable as starting with HTTP headers.

2. Set RT's logging options (LogToFile, LogDir,LogToFileNamed) so you
can get a full accounting of what RT thinks is happening.

3. Try an URL RT should be able to handle ('/' should work with your
config) and see what happens.