[rt-users] url encoding

Joe Kirby kirby at umbc.edu
Tue Jun 21 19:16:32 EDT 2016

I have a template which provides a link to our survey tool and recently I was asked to add subject to the parts included in the url.

Since the ticket subject contains spaces, etc. that may not lend them selves to a url

I found a way to handle spaces but then I get a subject with a # sign which creates a short circuited subject value

Below are 2 options with the ending part(in red) differs.

The first one works but only handles spaces.

The second one would be wholistic but RT does not like the syntax. Any ideas?

Thanks

Joe

1. If you agree your issue is resolved, please give us feedback on your experience by completing a brief satisfaction survey:

https://umbc.us2.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_etfDUq3MTISF6Ly&groupid=ITNM&ticketid={$Ticket->Id}&ticketowner={$Ticket->OwnerObj->EmailAddress}&customeremail={$Ticket->RequestorAddresses}&ticketsubject={$Ticket->Subject=~ s/\s/\%20/gr}

2. If you agree your issue is resolved, please give us feedback on your experience by completing a brief satisfaction survey:

https://umbc.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4IbNK0n1unOaIEB&groupid=BSG&ticketid={$Ticket->Id}&ticketowner={$Ticket->OwnerObj->EmailAddress}&customeremail={$Ticket->RequestorAddresses}&ticketsubject={uri_escape($Ticket->Subject)}

Joe Kirby ,  Assistant Vice President, Business Systems
Division of Information Technology (DoIT)
Support Response -   http://www.umbc.edu/doit
Administration 627
Office - 410-455-3020
Email - kirby at umbc.edu