[rt-users] Unable to drag files to attach them?

Landon Stewart lstewart at internap.com
Tue Nov 8 14:51:07 EST 2016

On Nov 8, 2016, at 10:39 AM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com<mailto:ahall at autodist.com>> wrote:

Hi all,
Users are complaining that they can't drag/drop files to attach them to tickets. I can't see the screen, so don't use a mouse, so can't test this first-hand. Are there browsers or other variables that are known to stop this functionality, or did I disable something I shouldn't have? Thanks.

I can say that I've never dragged and dropped a file onto a ticket to attach it.  It sounds like users might just be used to sites like imgur and the like who let you do this because they have scripts that make it possible and they expect it to be possible for RT.  They'll have to click the "Choose File" button while updating a ticket and actually choose the file.

With that said - On Sarfari for macOS you can drag a file to the "Choose File" button and it lights up while you do it but I don't know if that works on Windows and I don't know if it's the same in all browsers.

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management