[rt-users] Modifying global RT homepage for all users?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Fri Oct 7 15:53:05 EDT 2016

Hello list, yet again,
We're trying to add a saved search, to let the user view owned and CC-ed
tickets. I have the search made, and stored as a system-wide item. I have a
dashboard with the search on it. All users can select that dashboard if
they want to. The problem is that no one is going to select the secondary
dashboard all the time, and they get their default one each time they go to
the homepage from anywhere else in RT or log out and back in. Is there a
way to have admins edit the system-wide homepage, to add this saved search
to everyone's at once? We'd also like to remove another portlet that is no
longer required due to what the search offers.

Put simply, how can we modify the homepage for all users at once? Thanks,
as always, for any help.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department