[rt-users] REST API, AUTOMATION and Recipes.

Reza reza.toronto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 03:17:05 EDT 2016

/*Greetings Community:*/

Past 3:00 AM EST here in Toronto and this learning exercise is just too
darn addictive!

I've already been digging deep inside the API documentations of RT, to
be more specific the REST API.

The contributors and developers of RT are simply pure ingenious. The
REST API is allowing any Joe like me to come up with a beautifully
designed web interface and communicate with RT to do almost anything (if
not all).  I've already started writing code to integrate with bash
scripts, php, simple CURL, etc., as the initial input by web-form, or
telephone touch pad.  I'm only beginning to imagine the potential of a
phone system integration of a call centre into RT.

Most of us here are systems admins, system analysts and coders. Just
curious...  how many of you folks here in this community have actually
written your own apps to integrate with RT via the REST API?

Thanks!
Reza.

[Superbly pumped to learn more.  Cheers!]