[rt-users] Assigning rights to groups for queues

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Sep 6 14:41:21 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Sorry for all the questions. Now that the hard part is out of the way, I'm
> configuring our test RT instance and keep running into little things I don't
> get. I'm on RT 4.2.8, so some of the below could be bugs that have been
> fixed in newer versions.
>
> I have a Graphics queue, and two groups--graphics_staff and
> graphics_admins--as some on this list have suggested. I go to the Graphics
> queue, select group rights, type graphics_admins into the group field, and
> choose that group. Now I'm editing what rights members of the
> graphics_admins group have within the graphics queue, right?

Correct.

> I check the first box in the list and hit the 'save' button. Now, the first
> point of confusion: the box remains checked, but the group I'd selected is
> no longer displayed.

See attached image. I typed pnteam into the "add group" box and then
checked the "allow sanctioning of devices" checkbox, then save.

This is the resulting screen shot.

Don't mind the grey background hinting - that is a patch from 4.4
carried back to this 4.2.11 instance.

 What happened: did the group get assigned that right,
> or did everyone?

See what group is bolded on the left pane. That is the group that the
current checkboxes on the right are displaying.

-m