[rt-users] Best setup for using RT with Gmail?

Aaron McCormack aaron at backblaze.com
Tue Sep 6 16:23:33 EDT 2016

I use a cron job that runs fetchmail.  Here's my fetchmail config file.  The credentials are for the mail server, not RT.

poll imap.gmail.com proto IMAP user "example at example.com" with pass "example1234" no idle ssl mda "/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --url https://requesttracker.example.com --queue General --action correspond"

To get fancier you could use the +queue part of the email and have Gmail put it in specific imap folders and then have the fetchmail configs go into different queues based on the imap folder by adding something like folder "queueName" to the above line.

For the no permission error, is it possible that the sending email address in the test is a disabled user in RT? I've had that happen before. Overall that sounds more like a permissions issue to the user or queue rather than an issue with fetchmail or rt-mailgate.

Aaron