[rt-users] Adding group to one-time CC/Admin CC for ticket?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Mon Sep 12 12:53:37 EDT 2016

Hi all,
My boss has just been looking through RT, and he didn't like that everyone
in a queue was emailed for every ticket. I've removed queue staff and admin
groups as watchers so this won't happen again, and we'll rely on entering
users into the one-time CC and Admin CC boxes instead, not to mention
severity escalation.

This made me wonder, though, if you can add a group as a CC or admin CC on
a ticket? I know the field wants a comma-separated list of addresses, but
couldn't a group name go in there, and the system pull the addresses on its
own? It doesn't currently do this, at least on 4.2.8, but is it an option I
could enable? Or a feature in newer versions of RT?

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com