[rt-users] REST API; the plus-character (+) will be not processed; plain email

Landon Stewart lstewart at internap.com
Tue Sep 20 13:08:09 EDT 2016

On Sep 20, 2016, at 9:41 AM, MDroemer at gmx.de<mailto:MDroemer at gmx.de> wrote:

Dear Request Tracker users,

while we working with special characters, we noticed that the plus-character will be not processed by the REST-API, when a new ticket is created.
All other special characters will be processed.

Here a simple content:
content=
id: ticket/new
Subject: Test '\+'
Queue: General

You should urlencode that text:

$ perl -e 'use URL::Encode qw/url_encode_utf8/; print url_encode_utf8("Test +");'
Test+%2B

The + here is the space, the %2B is the plus sign from the string.

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management