[rt-users] Enabling extensions in RT4.2.8?

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Thu Sep 22 14:04:26 EDT 2016

Hi Alex,

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I can't seem to find the instructions for enabling extensions in 4.2.8. I've
> found some for 3.x, but I thought I read somewhere that the syntax is a bit
> different for 4.x. I know I add something to 50-debconf, but I'm not sure
> exactly what.

You can add the configuration "code" to any file in
/etc/request-tracker4/RT_SiteConfig.d.

The configuration "code" is:

Plugin('RT::Extension::PriorityAsString');

So you might have a file like:

/etc/request-tracker4/RT_SiteConfig.d/70-priority-as-string

with the aforementioned Plugin line.

Then run your:

update-rt-siteconfig-4

Then clean your mason cache:

sudo find /var/cache/request-tracker4/mason_data/obj -delete

and restart your webserver

-m