[rt-users] Enabling extensions in RT4.2.8?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Thu Sep 22 15:25:19 EDT 2016

Thanks for the response. Any thoughts on why I'm suddenly now getting
"child exited with code 255" when I run my usual spawn-fcgi command (using
this with Nginx)? I've never seen this error before, and can't find much of
anything online about it. I'm not sure what's going on, but this started
after I made 70-plugins, added the lines to it, ran update-rt-siteconfig-4,
and deleted /var/cache/request-tracker4/mason_data/obj.

I said I added lines to the file. After the line to enable the plugin, I
had to put in the priorities I want, according to the extension's homepage:
Plugins('RT::Extension::PriorityAsString');
Set(%PriorityAsString, (None => 0, Low => 10, Medium => 20, High => 30,
Critical => 40));

What little I found said that 255 is often caused by permission problems,
so I ran chown www-data on the mason_data directory to be sure the process
could re-create the obj/ directory. I can't think what else to try. My log
file has nothing in it, /var/log/messages has nothing helpful, and my Nginx
file is of no use, as expected for this kind of problem.

I didn't realize I could make my own files in the RT_SiteConfig.d
directory, I thought I had to use the existing ones. That's handy.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com