[rt-users] Search question: after a specific date

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Feb 1 12:48:12 EST 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Barrett, Brian <
Brian_Barrett at urmc.rochester.edu> wrote:

> Dear RT,
>
> I have a question regarding the searching for “after” a specific date on 2
> consecutive months.  The results for the current month include tickets from
> the previous.  See below
>
> When I do a search for
>
> Status = ‘resolved’
>
> AND Owner = “user’
>
> AND Resolved > ‘2016-12-31’
>
> I get a specific total of 38
>
> When I do a search for
>
> Status = ‘resolved’
>
> AND Owner = “user’
>
> AND Resolved > ‘201-01-31’

Assuming this is 2017, not just 201

I get a specific total of 6

> The 6 tickets showing for Feb are also in the report for Jan?  Why?

Because you spcified > 2016-12-31, which encompasses everything up to
today. Essentially, your two searches are identical, but one starts earlier
than the other. You'd need to limit your date with something like
Resolved < 2017-02-01
to eliminate anything past Jan 31. At least that's how I'm reading it;
sorry if I'm mistaken.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department