[Rtir] BugFix in RTIR 1.0.6rc1 , Was: several problems + versions to use.

Ruediger Riediger ruediger.riediger at sun.com
Fri Dec 3 11:08:59 EST 2004

Hello,

I think I found the right place where things go wrong.

Ruediger Riediger wrote:
>> 3) When I write a comment on a ticket I get a "Status: Illegal value for
>> Status" message. (There is no way to set it on the comment form)
>

> That's for both Comment and Correspondence. The "Status" field is
> submitted empty, and an empty field is obviously an illegal value. I am
> currently investigating this... more to come.

In /opt/rt3/share/html/RTIR/Update.html, the following happens:

<%INIT>
[...]
unless($DefaultStatus){
     $DefaultStatus=($ARGS{'Status'} ||$Ticket->Status());
}

This makes sense: if there is no "DefaultStatus" argument, substitute
the "Status" argument or the current ticket status. Below this line, the
page title is defined according to $DefaultStatus. So $DefaultStatus now
holds the expected Status change.

Now, when the page is build, The hidden form inputs below are used:

<input type="hidden" name="DefaultStatus" value="<% $ARGS{DefaultStatus}
%>">
<input type="hidden" name="Status" value="<% $ARGS{DefaultStatus} %>">

Well... for replies (or comments), the "DefaultStatus" is not passed on
on the URL. So $ARGS{DefaultStatus} is empty. That's why we set
$DefaultStatus like above. If now Update.html is called by submitting
the form, it tries to set the Status to the empty value. This causes the
leading to the "Started" date not set.

Instead of $ARGS{DefaultStatus}, $DefaultStatus should be used. Here is
the diff for /opt/rt3/share/html/RTIR/Update.html:

34,35c34,35
< <input type="hidden" name="DefaultStatus" value="<%
$ARGS{DefaultStatus} %>">
< <input type="hidden" name="Status" value="<% $ARGS{DefaultStatus} %>">
---
 > <input type="hidden" name="DefaultStatus" value="<% $DefaultStatus %>">
 > <input type="hidden" name="Status" value="<% $DefaultStatus %>">
38c38
< % if ($Type eq 'Report' and $ARGS{'DefaultStatus'} eq 'rejected') {
---
 > % if ($Type eq 'Report' and $DefaultStatus eq 'rejected') {

Time for a coffee.

Best regards,

	Ruediger Riediger

--
Dr. Ruediger Riediger                              Sun Microsystems GmbH
NSG - SunCERT                                             Komturstr. 18a