[Rtir] RTIR 1.1.5 installation problem

Steven McIntosh s.mcintosh at compserv.gla.ac.uk
Fri Aug 12 05:38:14 EDT 2005

Hi,

We had the same problem here. We managed to fix it but it was a while
ago and we can't remember exactly what we did. Looking through some of
our scrappy notes we saw that we removed the description and in rt 1.1.5

cp /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Module/Install/* inc/Module/Install

We are pretty sure this is the fix that applies to this, or it may be a
fix for something else  :)

Good luck.

Cheers,
Steve

Avi Baumstein wrote:
> Having recently joined the list, I found this thread in the archive
> which exactly describes a problem I'm having installing RTIR. I will
> note that I wrongly installed RTIR 1.0.5 on my RT3.4.2 installation, and
> am now trying to upgrade it to get it working properly.
>
> At any rate, I was just wondering if anyone had any further suggestions,
> as I don't really know whats going on here.
>
> Thank you,
>
> -avi
>

> Mike Forrester mikef at pocketlint.com
> Tue Jul 19 16:04:20 EDT 2005

> I am having the same problem.  When I comment out the 'description'
> line, I get this:
>
> # perl Makefile.PL
> Using RT configurations from /usr/local/rt3/lib/RT.pm:
> ./etc   => /usr/local/rt3/local/etc/IR
> ./html  => /usr/local/rt3/share/html
> ./lib   => /usr/local/rt3/local/lib
> For first-time installation, type 'make initdb'.
> The 'WriteAll' method does not exist in the 'inc' path!
> Please remove the 'inc' directory and run Makefile.PL again to load it.
>
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 10:05:56AM +0200, Carlos Fuentes Bermejo wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>

>>>I'm trying to install RTIR 1.1.5 on RT 3.4.2, but I'm getting the
>>>following error message:
>>>
>>>rtir-1.1.5 # perl Makefile.PL
>>>Using RT configurations from /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:
>>>./etc   => /opt/rt3/local/etc/IR
>>>./html  => /opt/rt3/share/html
>>>./lib   => /opt/rt3/local/lib
>>>For first-time installation, type 'make initdb'.
>>>The 'description' method does not exist in the 'inc' path!
>>>Please remove the 'inc' directory and run Makefile.PL again to load
>>>it.
>>>rtir-1.1.5 #
>>>
>>>Can anyone help me with that?
>>>

>>If I don't remember bad, I did avoid this matter deleting the
>
> following
>
>>line from Makefile.PL:
>>description('RT extension for Incident Response');

- --
Steven McIntosh
Information Systems Security Officer
Computing Service