[Rtir] RTIR 1.1.5 installation problem

Avi Baumstein avi at ufl.edu
Thu Aug 18 11:19:38 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 10:38 +0100, Steven McIntosh wrote:
> We had the same problem here. We managed to fix it but it was a while
> ago and we can't remember exactly what we did. Looking through some of
> our scrappy notes we saw that we removed the description and in rt 1.1.5
>
> cp /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Module/Install/* inc/Module/Install

Thanks for the suggestion. That pretty much worked, although I found I
had to install a number of other packages (Debian testing) to actually
get it to install. I know I needed libyaml-perl. I also installed
libmodule-install-perl, but I'm not sure if that was strictly neccesary
or not. I think I installed something else as well, but now I can't
remember what, and my notes are kinda iffy.

Well, after all that, it still wasn't working right. There was no menu
option for RITR on the main screen, and when I opened a ticket in one of
the RTIR queues (like Incident Reports), the display was standard RT
rather than RTIR.

After monkeying with it for a while with no success, I finally
uninstalled RT, dropped the database, and started from scratch. Now that
I have it reinstalled, its pretty much the same. No RTIR option on the
main screen, and if I put in the URL for RTIR, and then try to create a
new incident report, I get this error:

error:  Undefined subroutine &RT::IR::DefaultSLA called
at /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/RTIR/Create.html line 434.
context:

429:
}
430:
}
431:

432:
my $sla;
433:
if ($Queue eq 'Incident Reports') {
434:
$sla = RT::IR::DefaultSLA();
435:
}
436:

437:
</%INIT>

code stack:   /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/RTIR/Create.html:433
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/RTIR/autohandler:2
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/autohandler:215

I was able to create an Incident, but when it opens, it has the normal
RT menus, instead of options like 'open investigation' and whatnot.

My guess is that the first problem is caused by missing callbacks, but
I'm not sure where to look. The second seems like maybe the SLA hasn't
been configured, but there is no entry on the RTIR menu for
Configuration, so I can't even check that.

Oh, Debian testing, RT3.4.2 (Debain package request-tracker3.4), mysql,
and rtir-1.1.5.

I would appreciate any advise,

-avi