[Rtir] RTIR 1.1.5 installation problem

Steven McIntosh s.mcintosh at compserv.gla.ac.uk
Thu Aug 18 12:00:46 EDT 2005

Avi Baumstein wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 10:38 +0100, Steven McIntosh wrote:
>
>>We had the same problem here. We managed to fix it but it was a while
>>ago and we can't remember exactly what we did. Looking through some of
>>our scrappy notes we saw that we removed the description and in rt 1.1.5
>>
>>cp /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Module/Install/* inc/Module/Install
>

> Thanks for the suggestion. That pretty much worked, although I found I
> had to install a number of other packages (Debian testing) to actually
> get it to install. I know I needed libyaml-perl. I also installed
> libmodule-install-perl, but I'm not sure if that was strictly neccesary
> or not. I think I installed something else as well, but now I can't
> remember what, and my notes are kinda iffy.
>
> Well, after all that, it still wasn't working right. There was no menu
> option for RITR on the main screen,

Look in /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/share/html

# chmod -r 755 Callbacks

This should fix this.

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?Installation

and when I opened a ticket in one of
> the RTIR queues (like Incident Reports), the display was standard RT
> rather than RTIR.
>
> After monkeying with it for a while with no success, I finally
> uninstalled RT, dropped the database, and started from scratch. Now that
> I have it reinstalled, its pretty much the same. No RTIR option on the
> main screen, and if I put in the URL for RTIR, and then try to create a
> new incident report, I get this error:
>
> error:  Undefined subroutine &RT::IR::DefaultSLA called
> at /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/RTIR/Create.html line 434.
> context:
>
> 429:
> }
> 430:
> }
> 431:
>
> 432:
> my $sla;
> 433:
> if ($Queue eq 'Incident Reports') {
> 434:
> $sla = RT::IR::DefaultSLA();
> 435:
> }
> 436:
>
> 437:
> </%INIT>
>
> code stack:   /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/RTIR/Create.html:433
> /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/RTIR/autohandler:2
> /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/autohandler:215

We had quite a few problems to begin with but managed to sort them out.
Sorry but I can't remember if this was one we encountered on the way. I
found it useful to have copies of the earlier versions and compaired
files that were causing problems. Looking to see what had changed and if
anything had been missed out. You could even try putting in an older
version of the file and see what happens i.e. take the Create.html from
rtir-1.1.4.

Hope this helps.

Steve.