[Rtir] RTIR installation problems

Brian Mathias brian.mathias at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 09:48:48 EDT 2014

Thanks for willingness to help, guys.  Sorry for the long email...

> using mod_perl? RTIR needs at least two modules not required by RT.
> Hook::LexWrap and Parse::BooleanLogic

I am running mod_perl and have those modules installed.

> setting the LogLevel to debug in httpd.conf or your virtual host
> definition may help.
> additionally in the RT_SiteConfig.pm you can
> Set($LogToFile, 'debug');

I have both of these set and I'm still not seeing logs.

if that doesn't help you probably need to post a little more about
> your setup: OS, virtualhost definition, complete RT_SiteConfig.pm,
> installation procedure come to mind.

I'm running RHEL 6.5, with apache 2.x and mod_perl.  I installed RT 4.2.3
first as the RTIR guide says RT 4.0.14 or later is required.  After
learning otherwise, I then removed 4.2.3 and installed RT 4.0.19 using the
README: https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.0/README.html

I then installed RTIR 3.0.0 using the README:
https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rtir/3.0/README.html

Here is my RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set( $CommentAddress, '' );
Set( $CorrespondAddress, '' );
Set( $DatabaseHost, 'localhost' );
Set( $DatabaseName, 'rt4' );
Set( $DatabasePassword, 'password' );
Set( $DatabasePort, '' );
Set( $DatabaseRequireSSL, '' );
Set( $DatabaseType, 'mysql' );
Set( $DatabaseUser, 'rt_user' );
Set( $Organization, 'example.com' );
Set( $OwnerEmail, 'admin at example.com' );
Set( $SendmailPath, '/usr/sbin/sendmail' );
Set( $WebDomain, 'www.example.com' );
Set( $WebPort, '80' );
Set( $rtname, 'example.com' );
Set( $LogToFile, 'debug' );
Set( @Plugins, 'RT::IR' );
1;

My virtual host config:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ### Optional apache logs for RT
     ErrorLog /opt/rt4/var/log/apache2.error
     TransferLog /opt/rt4/var/log/apache2.access
     LogLevel debug

    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    DocumentRoot "/opt/rt4/share/html"
    <Location />
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all

        SetHandler modperl
        PerlResponseHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2
        PerlSetVar psgi_app /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server
    </Location>
    <Perl>
        use Plack::Handler::Apache2;
        Plack::Handler::Apache2->preload("/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server");
    </Perl>
</VirtualHost>

-Brian