[svk-devel] "checkout -N" + "update" doesn't behave like Subversion

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 18 14:29:01 EDT 2006

Please re-read my original mail closely.  In particular, read the
Subversion commands at the front of my original mail.  No, I can't do
what you suggest because I want to have:

  <path>/trunk/<dir1>		<dest>/<dir1>
  <path>/trunk/<dir2>/<subdir1> <dest>/<dir2>/<subdir1>
But I do NOT want
  <path>/trunk/<dir3>
nor do I want
  <path>/trunk/<dir2>/<subdir2>

I don't see how your suggestion would help me..  It would effectively
mean I would need to perform two different checkouts in order to get
<dir1> and <dir2>/<subdir1>.  It also doesn't let me add
<dir2>/<subdir3> at some point in the future once I realize I need it.
Nor do I see how it would get 'svk commit' from <dest> to commit a
single changeset when there are changes in both <dir1> and
<dir2>/<subdir1>

But thanks for trying.   Maybe David or Cklao can respond?

-derek