[svk-devel] svk 2.0.2 released

Chia-Liang Kao clkao at clkao.org
Thu Aug 2 05:48:58 EDT 2007

Hi all,

(I just realized that I forgot to send the announcement, so here it is)

I am pleased to announce svk 2.0.2, the second maintenance release of
the 2.0 series of svk version control system.

svk 2.0.2 has entered CPAN as

 file: $CPAN/authors/id/C/CL/CLKAO/SVK-v2.0.2.tar.gz
 size: 445041 bytes
  md5: 501d823231bd276e5b8f22b6ebe6cf2e

In addition, binaries for win32, linux, and freebsd are also available at:

 http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/svk/2.0.2

To install from the binary, just untar the dist and symlink svk to your
bin directory.  You can run the maketest file in the dist to run the
test suites.

[Changes for 2.0.2 - 20 Jul, 2007]

  Mirror subsystem
    * be more friendly when trying to relocating incorrect mirror
      path.

  Merge subsystem
    * Fix a problem when repeatedly merging renames tracked with
      --track-renames, and when merging back such files.
    * Fix the "file not found at revision 0" bug when smerge to a
      mirror where copy source is not normalized.
    * Fix a bug that deletes inside copies aren't properly merged
      across branches even the status output says so.
    * Fix a bug when merging copies across branches we be using
      incorrect dst revision causing "file not found at revision 0".
    * Fix a bug where copies outside the mirror source across merge
      are not expanded as non-copies.
    * Fix an inconsistency for smerge -IC behaviour when the base is
      a txn path.

  Pullyu
    * properly translate to local path when mirroring remote root.
    * Fix pullyu for translating "included" records, which are
      replaced entries.

  Others
    * Improve error reporting when failed to save config.
    * Perl 5.9.5 compatibility fixes.
    * Work around a problem that push -P might be using outdated
      memory pool.
    * svk diff -r:123 should report invalid -r rather than blow up.
    * Add -i as shorthand for --interactive in svk ci.
    * Various win32 fixes.
    * Various i18n fixes.

Cheers,
CLK