[svk-devel] Using svk to mirror a svn repos and problem with UTF-8 (??)

Jared Hardy jaredhardy at gmail.com
Mon May 14 02:42:53 EDT 2007

On 5/11/07, Marc Poulhiès <marc.poulhies at imag.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to have a svn repository mirrored by using svk. I tried to
> follow the different documentation I found, in particular this one:
>
> http://svk.bestpractical.com/view/UsingSVKAsARepositoryMirroringSystem
>
> I'm following the second part (local mirror).
> So, here are the commands I used:
>
> $ svk mirror svn://somehost/svnroot/think //mirror/think-ow
> $ svk sync //mirror/think-ow
> $ svk cp -p //mirror/think-ow //local/think-ow

Looks good so far...

> Then, if I believe the wiki, I should do:
>
> $ svn co -p file:///home/user/.svk/local/think-ow think-ow

I think this is where you are going wrong. If you look at the commands
you successfully ran above, svk uses the depot format
"//local/think-ow" as the identifying name of your local branch copy,
of the mirrored repository. Use this same format in the checkout
command like this:

$ svn co -p //local/think-ow think-ow

That seems to be what you want. Others can probably explain in more
detail why your other attempts didn't work as you expected. All I can
say is, the "//depot/branch/" format worked for you before, so why
stop using it in other commands?

:) Jared