[svk-devel] Using svk to mirror a svn repos and problem with UTF-8 (??)

Marc Poulhiès marc.poulhies at imag.fr
Mon May 14 02:54:28 EDT 2007

"Jared Hardy" <jaredhardy at gmail.com> writes:

> I think this is where you are going wrong. If you look at the commands
> you successfully ran above, svk uses the depot format
> "//local/think-ow" as the identifying name of your local branch copy,
> of the mirrored repository. Use this same format in the checkout
> command like this:
>
> $ svn co -p //local/think-ow think-ow
>
> That seems to be what you want. Others can probably explain in more
> detail why your other attempts didn't work as you expected. All I can
> say is, the "//depot/branch/" format worked for you before, so why
> stop using it in other commands?
>
> :) Jared

Hello,

thanks for your answer. But this can't work (AFAIK). Simply because svn
doesn't know that it should look for the repos in ~/.svk/local (giving
the exact location is done using the file:/// URL type). Then because
this URL format is not valid (for svn):

$ svn co  //local/think-ow think-ow
svn: '/local/think-ow' does not appear to be a URL

I'm still accepting hints ;)

Thanks,
Marc