[svk-devel] Splitting large commits on push?

Ph. Marek philipp.marek at bmlv.gv.at
Fri Nov 23 07:47:51 EST 2007

Hello everybody!

I have more or less the same problem as described in
	[svk-devel] "Large" commit fails ¿why? ¿can I split it?
	http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/svk-devel/2007-October/001057.html

but with the small additional problem that I loose the granularity of the
other (small) changes if I lump everything together (like advised in that
thread). There are more than a dozen changes after the big one; I believe it
would work to revert all, and then replay them on a small scale - but I'd
like to avoid that, as it sound like some work, but not enough to hazzle with
some specially crafted script.

I also saw
	[svk-users] Best way to exclude files from a svk push
	http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/svk-users/2007-October/000084.html
which could be at least a one-time fix; but there's been no answer.

Is there any other trick, so that eg. an upstream commit is done every 100
files or so?

Alternatively - if there's no other way - is there some way to hack svk's
data, so that it believes that this has already been pushed upstream?
Together with some way to get all files accepted as changed again (eg. by
truncating some set, re-generating that set, committing + lump-pushing that
set) there might be some way to get the data upstream again...

Thank you very much for all help!

Regards,

Phil