[Rt-devel] Two problems with rt-3.9.7

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 12:22:41 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 07:02:31PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> >    Hi everyone,
> >
> >    I'm testing rt-3.9.7 and two problems are tying me down. It's quite
> some time since I used RT
> >    actively so I'm trying to catch up.
> >    The first is related to Resolved template. I have the following
> template -
> >    [1]http://inetpro.org/pastebin/10622 - which worked in RT (I can't
> tell which version is
> >    worked with lastly. Probably 3.6.x) but is simply not being accepted
> in 3.9.7. What changes do
>
> How is not accepted?

I get this error:

Can't use string ("Subject: [{$rtname} #{$Ticket->i") as an ARRAY ref while
"strict refs" in use at /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Template_Overlay.pm line
678, line 69.

> >    I need on it so that 3.9.7 can accept it as type=perl (not as type =
> simple)?
> >    Secondly, my AutoReply template, also carried forward from the old
> days, generates a random
> >    password for a requestor and should allow the requestor to login to RT
> and view tickets
> >    created by them. The login part works, but requestor cannot view
> tickets. I'd love to have
> >    requestors view/comment tickets they generate.
> >    I have given "Everyone" the following rights:
> >
> >      * [2][ ] Â Comment on ticketsCommentOnTicket
> >      * [3][ ] Â Create ticketsCreateTicket
> >      * [4][ ] Â Reply to ticketsReplyToTicket
> >      * [5][ ] Â Sign up as a ticket Requestor or ticket or queue CcWatch
> >      * [6][ ] Â View custom fieldsSeeCustomField
> >      * [7][ ] Â View queueSeeQueue
> >      * [8][ ] Â View system dashboardsSeeDashboard
> >      * [9][ ] Â View ticket summaries
> >
> >    [10][ ] Â Modify one's own RT accountModifySelf
> >    [11][ ] Â View ticket private commentaryShowTicketComment
> >    However, requestors are still not able to view their tickets to start
> with!
> >    What other rights do I need to give.
>
> I don't see where you gave Requestors ShowTicket, which I think is what you
> want.

Sure. I have taken a slap for that! I'd assumed so much that Everyone means
"everyone".

> >    While it is not key on my troubles, is anyone usind RT VERP already
> with Exim and would like
> >    to share Exim configuration to handle this?
> >
> >    NB: I am using Chrome to view RT and it works pretty well. However,
> Firefox 4.0beta8 simply
> >    gives me grief. I'm not sure where to lay the blame for this, but I
> will not put on Jesse and
> >    his team for now:-)
>
> If you file bug reports with screenshots, it would be interesting.  I don't
> think we've encountered any firefox issues so far.  There have also been
> some CSS refactorings between 3.9.7 and the current HEAD.

I have taken a snapshot of the main login window. You can see it here as a
pdf: http://lix.in/-91f606
I am using web2 theme and I simply cannot navigate the RT display in
Firefox-4.0b8. I simply have to close the tab. Trying to click on links
which behave like moving targets is not easy, oh!
The hyperlink to "Logged in as .." actually is shown on the right hand top
corner, as opposed to left hand top corner with Chrome.

Bar from getting git source, is there a nightly snapshot of current HEAD
that I can try? I didn't find a way to compile HEAD the way I do with the
distributed tarballs.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,