[rt-users] Searching custom field from homepage

Jason Edwards platitudezinc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:36:46 EST 2005

Kenn,

Thanks for the reply. I'm ok with searching the way you stated below,
however my bosses aren't. They would like it to be as user friendly and
intuitive as possible. And I admit, that for some the interface may seem a
little cluttered and non intuitive at times (especially the query page).
They think our support staff will kinda freak out when they see the query
builder and not know how to use it. So I've been tasked with creating a more
friendly interface for RT.

Basically what they want is an element on the homepage (like the Quick
create element) that allows them to search for the Username in a queue. I
was hoping someone had created something like this before to save me some
time (I've got a ton on my plate now :) )

I would love to use RT as it is, but my bosses believe the UI is overly
complicated.......
-Jason