[rt-users] How to prevent Out-of-the-office Mails hitting RT ?

Steffen Heinzmann Steffen.Heinzmann at exel.com
Thu Dec 22 02:59:46 EST 2005

Hello,

I'm quite new into RT and I have the below problem:

When user creating a manual ticket, and ad an e-mail address for the
Requestor, and this
Requestor has his e-mail system giving an Auto-Reply saying "Mr. X is not
in the office",
This Auto-Reply is pulling everytime a new Ticket-number in RT.

Is there a possiblity to filter the subject of each inbound e-mail to RT,
that e-mails with
certain subjects like the string "is not in the office" are not creating a
Ticket in RT ?

Do you have any sample code I could use ?

Many thanks for your help ;-)

Steffen

Important Email Information

is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended addressee please
contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail.