[rt-users] secret queues with restricted access

Luke Vanderfluit lvanderf at internode.com.au
Tue Jan 31 18:01:25 EST 2006

Hi Eric.

Schultz, Eric wrote:

> If they have not rights granted, then I am not sure why they are
> seeing it, unless the people who are able to see it are members of
> another group that does have the privileges.  The priv system is
> pretty straightforward, you shouldn't have too much trouble.  By
> default, nobody has any access to a brand new queue, you have to
> explicity add the access.  At least, this is true for 3.4.x.  Are you
> running a different version, perhaps?

I'm running 3.4.4.
I've created a new queue and it *is* visible to anyone in the
priviledged group by default.
Maybe there's a configuration option that does that (include rights for
the priviledged group to any new queue).
I'll have to work it out.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
Kind regards.