[rt-users] I broke it

James Alspach jalspach at shastacoe.org
Thu Jun 7 20:36:47 EDT 2007

What are some common things that will make RT stop finding recipients?
No recipients found. Not sending.

I had this (RT v 3.6.1 and RTFM 2.2.0 RC5) finally working after
installing on etch.  I tried a few things (I know, I know, if you knew
what those 'things' were it would help to point me in the right
direction.  Unfortunately I have done so many things now that I do not
even really know where the problem began.) and now email messages do not
get sent or logged to the history.

I have configured exim4 per the instructions and everything else in RT
seems to work; I just can not get it to send an email.
I can send an email manually from the command line

 echo 'test' | mail -s test jalspach at shastacoe.org

So I know that the MTA is alright (at least as far as basic
configuration).  But for some reason RT just can not find anybody to
send email messages to.

James

PS I know I was a bad IT person for not being more mindful of what I did
and when I did it and for not having backups; so we probably do not need
to rehash that right now.  Thrash me all you like after we fix the
problem  ;-)

James Alspach
Systems Applications Technician

Shasta County Office of Education