[rt-users] can't update custom fields and ticket comments at the same time.

Khai Lam klam at snap.com
Thu Jun 21 18:57:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've recently upgraded from RT3.2.3 to 3.6.3.  I ran all the upgrade
scripts too, and all seemed fine.  I've granted my group full rights
to assign/modify/see custom fields.  And I can see the fields and
modify them using the "Comments Field" sub-window link just fine.
But if I use either the REPLY or COMMENTS link, and make any changes
to any of the other fields (in addition to the custom fields), the
other fields would update, but not the custom field.  If I just limit
my changes to just the custom fields, then the changes will stick.

Is there something I'm missing?  I would like to set values into the
custom fields at the same time as updates to the other fields - it
just makes sense to.  No other problems in the archives seemed to
match this one.

Thanks!
-Khai