[rt-users] RT Ticket creation

Derek Buttineau derek at csolve.net
Thu Jul 3 09:50:13 EDT 2008

On 2008-Jul-03, at 8:50 AM, Caglar wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
>      I have just started to develop a web application with RT. But I
> have some problems
> that I couldn't solve . I will be so grateful to you, if anyone can
> help me.
>
>     I have a php form in which users enter an incident and submit
> it. Then the app sends an
> email to the person in charge of the incident. I am storing the
> datas from the form to the
> Tickets and Users tables in the RT's database in order to create a
> ticket in RT. But the sad
> part is, when I login to the RT with my root account, I couldn't see
> the ticket that PHP app
> created from the RT's web interface . Php form inserts the datas to
> the database from the
> forms successfully. And my questions are:
> Why RT doesn't see the datas that I've inserted into the RT's
> database?
> How can I create a ticket outside the RT?
> Does RT needs to modify a file in order to create a new ticket?
> Can I use the RT's builtin ticket creation interface without
> authentication?
> FYI: I am using RT 3.6.6 and Mysql 5.1, Apache 1.3.9 on FreeBSD.

Best not to directly modify the database, there are several tools that
will let you interact with the database cleanly outside of the web
interface including:

The REST interface - If using Perl consider the RT::Client::REST
library - http://search.cpan.org/~dams/RT-Client-REST-0.36/lib/RT/Client/REST.pm
The RT Tool - http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/UseRtTool
The RT CLI libraries (if you were using Perl) - http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/CliBasics

Hope that helps.